Jaxson turned three earlier this month, and we had such a fun time celebrating his birthday! Sometimes it seems crazy that he is already three, but then there are so many times when I feel like he has been part of our family for so much longer. I am sure a lot of parents feel that way...it is weird to imagine a time when he wasn't part of our family.
Jax has really been into superheroes lately and had been talking about having a Batman cake for several months. Thankfully he was still into Batman when his party arrived. He loved having a Batman cake and seeing all of his Batman decorations. Of course, when it was time to get ready, he insisted on wearing his Spiderman shirt instead of the Batman one. :)
I think that Jaxson must be going through a little bit of a shy phase, because he was super bashful about having so many people come over and getting all of the attention. At one time, he told me that he wanted everyone to stay home. He eventually warmed up to the idea of having everyone there and was able to enjoy himself, although he was super shy when we sang "happy birthday".
Jaxson really did end up having such a fun time. We love having such a great family that would come and celebrate with us. Growing up, we didn't have any extended family around, so I love being able to have all the family over for celebrations.
I always get really sentimental this time of year when thinking about how Jaxson came to be part of our family. I am SO thankful for adoption and for his wonderful birth mother who was able to make the decision to have him be part of our family. I know that he is supposed to be my son. His adoption was such an amazing experience, and I am so appreciative that I am one of the few people lucky enough to have that opportunity. I will never forget the feel of "getting the call" and telling our families that they were going to have a grandson...within just a few short weeks! Yes, giving birth is also very special, but as someone who has experienced both, there is just something so different and so special about adoption.


1 comment:
What a handsome boy! Lisa your little family is darling.
Post a Comment